Allied Interstate - debt collector calling neighbors of debt owers
I have been getting calls from allied interstate and have just ignored the message assuming it was from a telemarketer.I actually listened to the message today and called the company back realizing it was for debt collection and i dont have any debt in collections.
The gentleman on the phone asked if the number i was calling from was the same number i was contacted on to which i replied yes. He said the name of the account which was my friends dad and i explained that i had no idea how my number would be associated with any of their accts to please remove it and not call me again. I called my friend to notify her and she said her mom was getting harrassing calls from allied interstate and they left a very vulgar message stating that they would call all of her neighbors . I am appalled that a company is doing that but is that even legal to do.
She also confirmed that two other neighbors of ours also received the calls as well. What can we do about this.
She saved the threatening voice mail and I saved mine regarding the call to call them back.d6366b8 review #139358
You may also like
- "They are very deceptive people. I received a letter about a Loan Rehabilitation Program. They letter from Dave Finney, the so-called "Collection Manager" estimated my payment to be..."
- "I got a letter from GC Services about a past due Sprint bill that I had for $403. I had been unemployed for 8 months prior but I had just..."
- "I rec'd a call from an extremely rude woman, Lisa Wallace, who refused to verify what she was trying to collect saying I would be charged $ if she sent..."
- "I purchased the thermal Whelp system on November 25, 2014. I plugged it up and put the bulb in the bulb heated and exploded had fire dripping from it and..."
- "I had purchased the Core 1 CPA Professional Education Program Challenge Exam prep materials from DCSweb.ca (Densmore Consulting Inc.). They also operate out of DCSCPA.com - both sites are a..."
- "I hired Jonathan Wald few months ago, and I provided him with tons of paperwork about my case, I sent him several emails giving him information about how to win..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "This is a clip from ABC 27 in Harrisburg, PA where they do an investigative piece on Sundance Vacations. (it's in the second half of the clip). Sundance has sales..."