Chicago, Illinois

Ok, so I have to deal with Allied Interstate because I have a lot of school loans that are in default. I started dealing with them in August 2010 and started the loan rehabilitation program because I really want to go back to school. So after making TEN payments of $211 my loans were finally out of default and sent in for consolidation. Exciting because once they were consolidated I would be able to go back to school. Well in May 2011 they were finally consolidated! So I went to apply to go back to school and they tell me, you still have loans in default. Huh? I'm confused.

So after tons and tons and TONS of phone calls I call a number which says "Your defaulted loans have been assigned to Allied Interstate." Woah, woah, woah. I just gave them $2110 of my money! How are they still in default? So, I call them up and they tell me "Oh I don't understand because you have no loans in default with us" UGH! This is really REALLY frustrating. Another week of phone calls and I end up having to call Allied Interstate again and the man I talked to (different from the woman I talked to before) said, "Oh yes, you do have two loans in default with us" and proceeded to explain to me that they were just assigned the loans in February 2011 even though I never got any paper work stating that!

So, I fill out an application to add those two loans to my consolidation. I was told that could take anywhere from 45-60 to process. Well I sent in that paperwork on July 27, 2011 and was happy to find out that my loans would be getting paid on the end of business Friday, August 19, 2011. Yay! I can go back to school. Now I realize that it's the next day, Saturday August 20, but I'm too excited. I need to see if it was paid. And I do have to say that everyone I ever had contact with at Allied Interstate were polite and nice...they may have had the wrong information at times, but they were still polite. So, I just gave them a call and I can tell from the beginning of the conversation that this woman is a total ***. So I said, whatever, I'm gonna deal with it. She proceeds to tell me "If they were paid at the end of business yesterday, A FRIDAY, than they aren't even going to update their account until the middle of next week. We have been BABYSITTING this account and the loans didn't go into default in one day, and they aren't going to get out in one day either"...while I was sitting there in SHOCK of how she was talking to me, I decided to say, when she was done of course, because I am not RUDE, "You know, you don't have to be such a *** about it" and hung up on her.

You treat customers like *** than you shouldn't run a business. I don't care if she's pissed because her husband is *** his secretary, don't take your *** out on me. I came on here, registered, just to write this story, because the audacity of that woman was astonishing. Thanks to all who have read this. I am going to go on my merry way and take care of my children because that's more important to me than some *** *** that works at Allied Interstate.

Also, if anyone from Allied Interstate is reading this, whoever works for you at 10 am (central time) on Saturdays should be FIRED. And if you were the one that talked to me today, if any of this sounds familiar to you, then I only have two words for you: *** YOU.

Comments

#420239

I HATE ALLIED INTERSTATE-ADAM. RUDE, ***.

Student Loan- I never attended the school because the school closed down, this was 26 years ago-my papers were lost.

AI and US Education (Federal)-garnished my wages. THEY ARE CROOKS.

Allied Interstate Reviews