Livermore, California
1.3K views

I just took a call from 866-435-1646. The east indian identified himself as a rep. of Allied Interstate and that this call was an attempt at collecting on a debt. that my significant other owed. He asked to verify our address and I provided the number and street which didn't match what he had. The address he had, my partner had moved from in 1995.

Partner wasn't avail. so I collected the name address acct. number and amount, $130.90, supposedly owed as well as the creditor that they were collecting for, which he identified as Franklin Mint. I asked what had been purchased and when and he told me they didn't have that information. the address was P.O. box 3761774 Columbus, Ohio 43236.

In closing I told him that after checking the internet to be sure this wasn't an attempt to scam us out of $130.90 he could anticipate payment and ended the call.

Thank you to all of you who have posted your experiences with these -scammer ***-persons. Right now, after having a knee replaced, $130.90 is an awful lot of money saved with your help.

mlraymond

2/27/2012

Product or Service Mentioned: Allied Interstate Debt Collection.

Comments

i received a letter also, they did not give me whom the credit account i owed 2,000. i called number and told them i did not owe any outstanding debts.

and to stop sending me mail. do not give them any info over the phone just your name and account number off their letter. i told them that if this showed up on my credit report, that im contacting all 3 agencies, that it is fraudulent, and hung UP on them. I contacted the BBB submitted and online complaint, and asked them to tell them to CEASE AND DESIST.

The BBB took care of it for me. Know your state laws. It takes 2 years from day of last payment for any creditor to sue you for the debt. it then can be sold to any credit collection agency, but do not settle your debt with any agency.

Either wait out another 5 years and pull your credit report, it must be voided off your report after 7 years of your last payment. it may show up on your report as different accounts being sold to different collection agencies, but dispute them as one account, and in time it will be voided off your credit report. If you cant settle your account with the creditor directly with a payment arrangement, they cannot continue to add interest and other charges to your account if you are no longer using the credit card etc... to stop the vicious cycle of re aging/or re establishing old debt.

follow this.. contact the BBB and file a complaint, if the company is found guilty of fraud they can shut them down

This is some kind of scam company... I have nothing that I owe anyone, and no way should I be getting a collection call. Report these crooks.

Statue of Limitations if you live in CA is 7 years or where the debt originated. I received a call just today, they had an address I lived 10 years ago.

My husband is an attorney and do not answer the questions. They confirmed address then they wanted my social security number which NO one gets.

PLEASE, PLEASE.. UNDERSTAND THE SCAM HERE.

ALL YOU NEED TO DO ,IN ORDER FOR THEM TO

GET A JUDGEMENT AGAINST YOU, IS ANSWER A CALL FROM THEM. THEY NOW HAVE A

RECORD THEY CAN SHOW A JUDGE, PROOF THAT THEY HAVE SPOKEN WITH YOU AND

REACHED AN AGREEMENT TO PAY, (WHICH OF COURSE YOU DID NOT).. TRY TO GET

IT REVERSED????... THEY HAVE THE DOCUMENTATION "THEY NEEDED"

DO NOT... DO NOT ..DO NOT.. SPEAK WITH ANY OF THESE BOTTOM FEEDERS.. THEY

WILL CHASE YOU FOR 3-6 MORE YEARS UNTIL THE STATUTE RUNS OUT AGAIN..

IF YOU'RE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO THINK THAT'S THE END OF IT. YOU DESERVE

WHAT YOU GET... GET CALL BLOCKING AND NEVER HAVE TO ANSWER TO ONE OF THESE

BOTTOM FEEDERS AGAIN.. TINY PRICE TO PAY FOR PEACE OF MIND.....

fearnofishy

I can't stand people who call and have that heavy Indian accent. I can't understand them and they don't seem to care to understand what I am saying.

I will know just flat out tell them connect me to someone who speaks good english or don't call back.

I've only gotten to say that once in reality and the gal just hung up. Made me laugh.

They have to provide you with something in writing that shows exactly what the debt is for. YOU also MUST request this information IN WRITING.

Everyone suggests this; you can spend $5 to send everything secured mail, but it's really not worth it in my opinion, nobody will care or look at your secured mail receipts...

ever. I would say only bother with that if you are responding to something that was send secured to you.

Allied Interstate Reviews