Peoria, Illinois

I just received a letter from Allied Interstate stating they are trying to collect on behalf of PYOD LLC for an amount of $1851.39, stated they are willing to accept $185.14. (I simply do not believe they would be satisfied with a measly 10% on an amount that they obviously tacked such astronomical fees & interest onto!!) The amount they say is owed to the original creditor Plains Commerce Bank is not only twice the actual amount but that account dropped off my credit report last year so it is past the legal SOL for collection.

They have purchased a closed account & are now trying collect on it. What is really interesting is that I already disputed the validity of the debt with PYOD LLC! So instead of responding to my dispute letter it was simply passed to another company connected with PYOD LLC. This was probably done in hopes of dragging out the time limit for providing valid proof of the debt.

I have absolutely no intention of sending them $187.14 because not only would it start the SOL all over again but I have no doubt that they would not show debt paid in full & would either sell the remaining amount to another collection company or would wait a few years & try to get more money out of me on the remaining balance.

FYI: They also included the info that they are connected with Sherman Companies who owns: Resurgent Capital Services LP, Sherman Acquisition LLC, Resurgent Capital Services PR LLC, LVNV Funding LLC, PYOD LLC, Anson Street LLC, Ashley Funding Services LLC & SFG REO LLC.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments