New York, New York

I received a letter from AlliedInterstate with an outstanding balance from a Sallie Mae loan I was willing to settle. Clay Foreman responded to my phone call and threatened to have my wages garnished if I didn't make a full payment immediately over the phone.

I explained, I am working part-time and am a student. He also threatened that the IRS would take money from my tax returns if payment is not made soon enough. I requested terms and conditions in writing for the rehabilitation program and they refused to send me anything unless I sign up and committed into their program. I informed them it didn't seem right for me to agree and sign up for a program without knowing a concrete time frame for making these payments.

He put his supervisor, Sherita Starks, on the phone still insistent on money without being able to document fiduciary power of attorney or actual title transfer of ownership from Sallie Mae.

These UNREASONSABLE requests are border line questionable or ILLEGAL!!! Seriously considering contacting the NY attorney general

Product or Service Mentioned: Allied Interstate Debt Collection.

Allied Interstate Cons: Harassment and incompetence.

Comments

#1020621

STUDENT LOANS ARE ELIGABLE FOR WAGE WITHOLDINGS AND IRS GARNISHMENTS. AND SOME STUDENT LOAN PROGRAMS DO REQUIRE YOU TO MAKE A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT BEFORE PAPERWORK IS SENT OUT BECAUSE THE FUTURE PAY DATES ARE LISTED ON THE FORMS THAT ARE PROVIDED.

I have received numerous threatening letters on bills that were submitted in bankruptcy court! Where do these people get this old information from anyway?

This is all a scam.

I found out the hard way! Be careful people!!!

Allied Interstate Reviews