They have appeared several times on my caller ID and just assumed it was a telemarketer even though we are on the Do Not Call List.

They have gone to my voice mail before but not left a message. Yesterday they left a message. They wanted us to call them about an outstanding debt and gave us a phone number to call back with a reference number. We have no outstanding debts and both my husband and I have great credit scores.

Why would they be calling? I have not called them back and after reading some of the reviews here, I'm not sure I will call them back.

Had an Experience with Allied Interstate?

Comments

Clovis, California, United States #2349

I got 2 calls on the answering machine, neither one mentions anything specific, not even a name.The only debt I ever had was the mortgage I paid off 6 years ago.

The first call was definitely recorded (it played, paused a few seconds, repeated & cut off halfway through).

With no name & only 2 calls (so far), I'm more confused than anything.Who are they actually seeking?

Reading, England, United Kingdom #1418

Call their parent company, iQor formerly known as IRMC [1-800-811-4214]. They are much nicely and will have your name off the Allied list in 24-48 hours guaranteed.

Croydon, England, United Kingdom #1298

You know, every time they call, it costs them money.The best thing you can do is not let it get to you and let them call.

It would seem they can get around the Do Not Call law. Just hang up, or ignore it. They, i.e. (877) 754-7388, usually call around 6:00 p.m.

and it goes to voicemail. I send a complaint to the Federal Gov. DoNotCall.gov website everytime it happens. I have made it part of my daily routine to do this.

It does not cost me anything, and it always costs Allied Interstate each time they call. Their philosphy is to make thousands of automated calls each day, and if they can get 5-10% return, they have had a good day. For example, 10,000 automated calls at 10% return is 1000 new suckers. It works well for them.

Like I said, the worst thing that can happen to them is if you ignore them and let them call, call, call. It costs them lots to do this. Also, if you call their (877) 754-7388 and just spend time messing around in the automated menu, it costs them because you are calling their "Toll Free" number which they have to pay for every minute of time you spend on their system.

Be sure to use the *67 feature on your phone so it blocks your caller I.D.info before you call (877) 754-7388.

Croydon, England, United Kingdom #1297

Croydon, England, United Kingdom #1296

It costs them lots to do this.Also, if you call their (877) 754-7388 and just spend time messing around in the automated menu, it costs them because you are calling their "Toll Free" number which they have to pay for every minute of time you spend on their system.

Coventry, England, United Kingdom #1293

They're doing the same thing to us...because my parents, who live in a different city, owe money to one of their clients.

I told them that it's harassment to call someone that's not a signer and the guy argued that it's not harassment and that they'll continue to call ME until my parents pay off their debt.

What a ***.Am going to call the Attorney General today and see if something can be done.